About Drug Treatment & Drug Treatment Programs
The goal of drug treatment is to enable an individual to achieve lasting abstinence. It is widely accepted that abstinence from addictive substances is a successful outcome. However, we also believe that proper drug treatment results in the person being happier and more productive in life. Drug treatment can give them back their happiness and ability to win in life.
Drug treatment varies widely according to the types of drugs involved, amount of drugs used, duration of the drug addiction, medical complications and the social needs of the individual. Determining the best type of drug treatment program for an addicted person depends on a number of factors, including: personality, drug(s) of addiction, concept of spirituality or religion, medical history, and local availability and affordability of drug treatment programs.
Following research done by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, there are a number of findings to create an effective drug treatment program. Here are some of the research points we follow:
- A single drug treatment program may not be appropriate for all individuals.
- Drug treatment needs to be readily available.
- Effective drug treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug addiction.
- Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical for treatment effectiveness.
- Medical management of withdrawal syndrome is only the first stage of addiction treatment and by itself does little to change long-term drug use.
- Treatment does not need to be voluntary to be effective.
In starting drug treatment, you will find that immediate goals are to reduce drug abuse, improve the patient’s ability to function, and minimize the medical and social complications of drug abuse and addiction.
As the drug treatment program continues, it works to better the individual further alleviating his addiction and giving him more control.
We have given a large number of people restored wellbeing and happiness through helping them determine the best drug treatment program.
However, to get these results, you need a professional that can best determine the right drug treatment program. Doing this greatly increases success with a drug treatment program.